At the time of submission of the first application, the applicant is required to appear in person. Decisions on the issuance or refusal to issue a visa, annulment and revocation of a visa are made by diplomatic missions and consular posts of the Republic of Lithuania, which are assigned to perform functions related to the issuance of visas by the order of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania (in further text - visa authorities). Documents can be lodged at:
- directly at the visa authority of the Republic of Lithuania;
- through an external service provider - Lithuania currently has an agreement with VF Services (UK) Ltd.
- through the visa authority of another Schengen Member State that represents Lithuania in Schengen visa matters.
For specific possibilities to lodge an application in your country, please contact the competent visa authority of the Republic of Lithuania.
1. Visa authorities of the Republic of Lithuania are competent for examining and deciding on an application for a uniform visa if:
a) Lithuanian territory constitutes the sole destination of the visit(s);
b) if the visit includes more than one destination, or if several separate visits are to be carried out within a period of two months, Lithuanian territory shall constitute the main destination of the visit(s) in terms of the length of stay, counted in days, or the purpose of stay; or
c) if no main destination can be determined, Lithuanian external border should be first the applicant intends to cross in order to enter the territory of Schengen Member States.
2. Visa authorities of the Republic of Lithuania are competent for examining and deciding on an application for a uniform visa for the purpose of transit if:
a) in the case of transit through Lithuania only; or
b) in the case of transit through several Schengen Member States, Lithuanian external border should be first the applicant intends to cross to start the transit.
An application shall be examined and decided on by the visa authority of the Republic of Lithuania in whose jurisdiction the applicant legally resides.
The visa authority of the Republic of Lithuania shall examine and decide on an application lodged by a third-country national legally present but not residing in its jurisdiction, if the applicant has provided justification for lodging the application at that visa authority.
For the information on the specific supporting documents applicable in your country, also the time of appointments and other specific information, please refer to the competent visa authority of the Republic of Lithuania.